WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE INVOLVED WITH CUILLIN FM THE LOCAL RADIO STATION FOR SKYE AND LOCHALSH?
• Cuillin FM is the local radio Station serving Skye and Lochalsh. We exist because over twenty years ago a dedicated group of volunteers spent a huge amount of time and energy making their vision of a local radio station for Skye and Lochalsh a reality. And it's the same today.
• So much has to happen "behind the scenes" to keep us on the air every day - Whether you're listening to your favourite show live from the studio, the shinty outside broadcasts every weekend or the weekly church service on a Sunday.
• We have one staff member, who manages the day to day running of the station, but the programmes you hear on your radio are all presented by our fantastic volunteers.
• Our board of 5 Directors are volunteers too and their role is to oversee the running of the Station and develop the vision for the future running of Cuillin FM.
• We have volunteers who help with fundraising, those who help make our outside broadcasts happen and even those who help with the gardening and cleaning!
We'd love to hear from anyone who would like to:
• learn to present a show.
• help with outside broadcasts - learning to set up and down, presenting shows from Events, helping produce a Show or being a runner.
• Offer design, Social Media or IT skills.
• Help out in the Studio - There are lots of opportunities to help in all sorts of ways.
We are always looking for new Directors who have skills to add to the existing Board. The board of Directors :
• is in charge of the management of Cuillin FM
• make the strategic and operational decisions of the company
• are responsible for ensuring that the company meets its statutory obligations.
• participate in board meetings to enable the board to reach decissions on the development of the Station and ensure that the company’s obligations are fulfilled.
The Directors are effectively the agents of the Company, appointed by the members to direct and lead the station.
The basic rule is that the directors should act together as a board but typically the board may also delegate certain powers to individual Directors or to a committee of the board. The Board meet every month for around 2 hours although additional meetings can be arranged if required.
• If you would like to find out more about howyou can volunteer or if you would like to be considered as a Director, get in touch with Ruth at the Studio, we would love to hear from you.